Wednesday, October 13, 2010

This should be interesting

The family had an old friend over tonight who speaks some English. Apparently, they have been inviting everyone they know who speaks at least a little. Very thoughtful of them. And here I thought it was remarkable how many people I've met through them who speak English, but it was deliberate (and as of this woman, the list is complete).

She was really cool and is also single. Italians are way behind Americans in terms of using the internet, so they were eager for me to show them things like Match.com, Meetup.com, and explain what speed-dating is. I found a few events here (there are not many) and she asked if I would go with her to one. So in a couple of weeks, I am actually going to an Italian speed-dating event. I wonder if I have enough language skill to get me through the alloted "200 seconds" a person.....

1 comment: