Saturday, October 23, 2010

Speed-dating update

The event was canceled, due to low numbers. Um, maybe it's because they are unavailable and not organized? I sent them two emails to register, and my friend called them multiple times and was put on hold for 15-20 minutes at a time. They never responded to either of us. According to the mother of the family I am living with, this is typical for Italy. People just don't get back to you in the business world. According to the women at my Florence friend's house last weekend, 'customer service' is a nonexistent concept here. Or at best slooooow and complicated.

For me it would have been just fun but I feel bad for R. Meeting people here is more difficult than in the States, if you want to branch outside of your regular circles. The internet is not used for meeting people yet here, and singles events are few and far between.

1 comment: