Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Girls' Night In

My friend S had a Girls' Night last weekend in Florence. All had married Italians, about half were American and the others from other European countries. Only English was spoken, and no boys were allowed. It was great to have free-flowing conversation, share funny stories, sit around a table with great food, and just be chicks. Afterward they did a clothing swap.

One woman who was from another part of Europe told a funny story about a time when she was arrested briefly. At the end of it, she said with much gusto, "And then - can you believe it - the policeman put cufflinks on me! He took me away in cufflinks!" My American friend and I were in hysterics. "He took her away in cufflinks, and a cummerbund!" I said. "And a top hat!" she added.

1 comment: