Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Great Second Pumpkin

We carved a second pumpkin tonight. I went back to the market and found the sole merchant who had had them. She had three of them originally. Now she had two because I had bought Clementina. No one had bought one since then, so I bought the second one.

E helped a lot this time, after sketching out the face he wanted me to carve, this one with a mouth similar to his dog's. I like how exciting this has been for him and that for the rest of his life he will know how to do this.

He named this one "Vampire Zuke".

4 comments:

  1. Vampire Zuke, that's a good name. I remember carving pumpkins as a kid. We would paint their face also. Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear how Halloween is. Happy Halloween, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I just got back from Venice while the family had been away as well, and Vampire Zuke looks like he has been hitting the bottle. I think the house was warm. But his smile is off to the side now, with no teeth showing anymore, and his eyes are gray and he is pretty lopsided. But he still looks happy!

    ReplyDelete