Monday, November 8, 2010

Iberia Customer Service Desk

Me: Hi, I just came in on Iberia and I am leaving tomorrow. Do you know if I can leave my bags overnight in that locked luggage area?
Iberia Guy: Are you staying in a hotel?
Me: Yes.
Guy: You can take it to your hotel.
Me: I know, but I am also wondering if I can leave it in that locked area.
Guy: Why don't you take it to your hotel?
Me, gesturing to my cart: Because it is easier to leave it here and get it tomorrow.
Guy: Are you staying at an airport hotel?
Me: No.
Guy: Why aren't you staying at an airport hotel?
Me: Because....(Did I really have to think of a reason for this?) I want to see Madrid.
Guy: You want to see Madrid, okay. Which hotel?
I tell him.
Guy: That is all the way in the center of the city! Why don't you stay closer to the airport?
Me: Umm....
Guy: Have you paid for the hotel yet?
Me: No.
Guy: Well, you should cancel it and stay at an airport hotel.
Me: I like my hotel and I want to see Madrid. Can you tell me if I can leave my bags here?
Guy: Yes, but they will charge you. You should take your bags to your hotel.
Me: That's okay with me.

(The charge was just 3.70 Euros. A great price for sparing the hassle of taking them to and from..And I had a great evening in Madrid. Short and sweet. So there.)

No comments:

Post a Comment