Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cookies for breakfast

They eat cookies for breakfast here. My first day, I came downstairs and they had left three different kinds of chocolate chip cookies out for me, plus a chocolate cake D had baked the night before. It seemed very strange and way too rich for that early. But now I know it is standard here. Then they usually have fruit for dessert at dinner. In a way, it makes more sense....

I have been buying my own yogurt and cereal, and their coffee yogurt competes well with Dannon's - actually, the coffee flavor is very strong. No wonder I have been feeling more energy since I discovered it.

They found it amusing that Americans eat a real meal at breakfast. I was listing examples like toast and jam, and waffles and pancakes, and when I got to making different kinds of eggs and omelettes, they all broke out laughing. "You won't find that in Italy," they said.

No comments:

Post a Comment